Certificate or Diploma of the undergraduate or graduate degree; Transcript of Records of undergraduate or graduate degree, including courses’ workload details and grades and syllabi of the course, with respective content (only necessary if requesting creditation of curricular units); Updated CV (preferably according to Europass template); Foreign students must present language proficiency proof of the language they wish to study in; Declarations and transcripts issued by foreign institutions of higher education: originals or copies must be authenticated by the official education services of their home country and recognised by the respective Portuguese diplomatic authorities or bear The Hague Convention stamp.
Months of entry
Degree / Duration / ECTS
2nd Cycle (Master) / 3 semesters / 90 ECTS
Introduction and aims
The Master in Humanitarian Action, Cooperation and Development benefits from the experience of a high qualified team of lecturers who are specialized in various areas of Humanitarian and Development Aid, such as Management of NGOs, Design and Implementation of Projects of Humanitarian Action, International and Development Economics, Political Science and International Security, International Humanitarian Law.
This Master is highly motivating for those who intend to work on the field of humanitarian action and development cooperation, mainly in the framework of NGO, multilateral institutions and aid agencies.
The Master is offered in blended learning, supported by the e-learning platform of the University. The development of research projects and practical case studies are also part of the methodology used.
At the end of the course of study the graduate will be able to
• Understand the architecture of the international cooperation system, with a special focus on Humanitarian action;
• Better analyse strategies and processes of development aid in the context of humanitarian crisis;
• Better approach political, security and economics dynamics related with international humanitarian cooperation and development processes;
• Know how to prepare humanitarian action projects.
The courses offer a wide approach to the humanitarian action issues as well as to methodological research procedures:
• The Framework of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Action
• Crisis, Reconstruction and Development
• Strategic Management of NGOs and Humanitarian Missions
• Public Health and Humanitarian Action
• Humanitarian Action Projects and Field Work Seminars
• Methodology and Master’s Research Project
Information for international students
The International Relations Office provides a dedicated advisory service for international students on non-academic and welfare matters such as immigration, employment, finance, health services and any other concerns you may have. We also organise UFP’s International Orientation, Portuguese language courses and coordinate events for international students.
Fees and funding
Contact: Social Action Office (email@example.com)
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||30 (45000 (max) words)|
Course contact details
- Prof. João Casqueira