Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Every year, Bocconi University selects the best candidates and sets a number of students who can be admitted to its programs in order to guarantee the best welcoming conditions and success in the academic path and to facilitate the entrance of our Graduates in the professional world.
The Bocconi Graduate School offers pre-experience Master of Science programs, for students coming directly from previous studies (Bachelor degree) or also with some brief work experience.
Months of entry
This MSc is designed for students having a strong bent for Computational, Statistical, and Mathematical Sciences and a genuine interest in working with data. Students will be taught cutting edge techniques for extracting impactful information from large data sets and for effectively communicating them in order to influence the strategic decisions of the organizations where they will work.
The program is structured into two tracks sharing a modern quantitative core: Data Science and Business Analytics. They specifically pursue, to different extents, the following qualifying goals:
- Provide a strong foundation in theoretical and applied Statistics and in Machine Learning, that is essential for identifying effective models and methods for data analysis and prediction
- Develop advanced skills in Computer Science that are crucial for building algorithms and programming tools suited for the actual implementation of statistical methods
- Develop a profile that combines solid quantitative skills with in-depth knowledge of corporate dynamics to support management in making strategic decisions grounded on data analysis
- Develop competencies, via educational activities inside and outside the classroom, that promote teamwork skills, ability to present and discuss the results of one’s work effectively, and that promote understanding of ethical and legislative limits related to the use of large-scale databases
Upon the successful completion of this MSc program, students will have gained the necessary knowledge that makes them professional data scientists and business analysts who can readily contribute to companies, businesses and institutions operating in a data-driven society. They will also have built the required background for pursuing PhD programs in subject areas closely related to Data Science.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Desk
- + 39 02.5836.3535