Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A grade classification of 2:2 is required or international equivalent.
- A subject related UK or International honours degree from a recognised institution..
- Applicants who make it through the initial selection process will be required to attend an interview, after which the evidence from the above selection procedures will be considered. Full details of this procedure will be sent to applicants who have progressed successfully to this stage.
- We also consider applicants who are currently employed and wish to apply to UCB.
- To apply, you must have 5 years of significant industry experience, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the sector for the subject matter you are interested in pursuing.
- A reference detailing your roles and responsibilities from your line manager and a meeting with the programme team will usually be scheduled prior to a place being offered.
Months of entry
Are you fascinated by the field of human performance? Do you want the advanced skills and knowledge that will help you make a real impact within the sports performance industry? Whether you want to work with athletes and teams, governing bodies or other organisations, our postgraduate course will help mould you into an experienced and adaptable strength and conditioning specialist, able to help meet the demand for knowledgeable practitioners in this exciting and rapidly growing sector.
Studying this course will enable you to develop knowledge and skills in a wide range of key areas including the science of human performance, effective coaching and other essential attributes for employment in this field. Our course has been developed in collaboration with industry professionals and is aligned with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and the new Graduate Strength and Conditioning professional standards developed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Putting your theory into practice, you will undertake a work-based learning module to help equip you with the skills for working in an area of your choice, while your lectures and practical sessions will be delivered using the latest technology and equipment in our state-of-the-art Human Performance Centre and Human Performance Laboratory, based at our new £44 million Moss House campus.
Information for international students
- For Academic and English entry requirements for EU and international students, please visit the Country Specific Information page.
If your degree is not related and you do not have relevant managerial work experience please contact admissions, so that we can discuss your application on an individual basis before you apply.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 0121 604 1040