Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, plus experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years’ relevant experience
- A professional qualification plus five years’ relevant experience
And one of the following:
- GCSE Grade 4 (or C) or above in English Language or English Literature or an equivalent qualification
- Grade 6.0 or above, with at least 6.0 in the reading and writing modules, in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic test administered by the British Council
- 88 or above in the internet option, 230 or above in the computer-based option or 570 or above in the paper-based option of the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test
- Grade C or above in English (Language or Literature) at A/S Level
- A cognate sub-degree (Level 5) qualification taught and assessed in English from the University of Hong Kong or City University of Hong Kong
Note: Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree that has been taught and examined in English can be considered for entry in the absence of the English language qualifications detailed above.
* Applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who wish to be considered for this programme should refer to the UCEM Code of Practice: Admissions and Recognition of Prior Learning for the policy on non-standard admission.
Months of entry
The MSc Quantity Surveying is a postgraduate conversion programme which is designed to align your skills to the educational requirements of the industry’s professional bodies. Delivered by supported online learning, the UCEM programme offers great flexibility as it can be studied in any location, at any time.
The programme gives you an informed view of the key areas of knowledge require to develop your quantity surveying (QS) skills including cost management, contract practice and procedures, procurement and building economics. There is also a research project which will provide an in-depth assessment of a topic of your choice.
This programme is delivered by supported online learning and can be studied in any location.
These courses are also registered with the Hong Kong Non-local Courses Registry (NCR registration number 252542). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these courses may lead.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 118 921 4696