About University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen worldwide
- Founded in 1495, University of Aberdeen is the fifth oldest University in the UK, situated in beautiful ‘Old Aberdeen.’
- Over 76% of our research is classified as world leading or internationally excellent.
- Our research excellence has resulted in five Nobel prize winners of globally life changing inventions which include the MRI scanner and Insulin.
- We are in the top 10 universities for research led innovation spin out business.
- We offer in depth flexible interdisciplinary course modules at undergraduate, postgraduate and professional level some of which you can study online globally.
- We are in the top 10 for graduate employment in the UK (The Independent 2015). 98% of our graduates enter work or study within six months of graduating.
- Applying for postgraduate study is simple and direct. Simply fill out an online application form. Find out when to apply chat online, email or visit
- Join over 14,500 students and staff from over 120 countries in the international centre and across the cosmopolitan city.
- Get involved in our active students’ association offering you wide ranging clubs and societies.
- Enjoy sports and fitness to Olympic level, several libraries, eating and refreshments
- Develop your interests in Aberdeen and Shire for a great study life balance all year.
- Book a visit or chat to us
- View accommodation facilities
Our postgraduate subjects
MBA, Marketing, Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Investments, Real Estate, Energy and Environmental Management, Law specialisms, Innovation, and more
View our Business School
Life, Biological, Psychological, Health, Medical, Pharmacology, Nutrition, Chemistry, Environmental, Geology, Energy, Physiological, Computer and more
Structural, Oil and Gas, Petroleum, Reservoir, Safety, Subsea, Process, Project Management and more
International Relations, Globalisation, Ethnology, Education, Anthropology,
Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Research and more
Primary, Secondary, Specialist, Management and more
History, Music, History of Art, Literature, Creative Writing, Language, Linguistics, Divinity, Philosophy, Theology, Religious Studies, Archaeology and more
- Our international team and alumni regularly travel around the globe. Find out about when we are in your country and visit us or chat and visit online
- After finding your perfect programme find out more about applying for your visa and UK immigration regulations.
- View English Language requirements for your programme on your programme page.
Scholarships and Funding
- We offer a wide range of scholarships all are available on our funding database. Aberdeen graduates get a discount.
- We give you a range of funding options A calculator will help you budget your costs. Aberdeen city suits all budgets with supermarkets, retail, eating and entertainment and plenty of free outdoor activities.
Our Location: Aberdeen
- We are located in the energy capital of Europe with over 20 US and FTSE 100 companies with offices in the city.
- If you love easy city life, the seaside, the outdoors, stunning scenery and alpine environments, Aberdeen is an ideal city to study in.
- The city offers you great architecture, eating out, museums, sport, entertainment, and excellent shops at wide ranging UK retail shopping centres and ‘Old World’ Aberdeen boutique shops and cafes.
- Ferries take you directly to Orkney and Shetland with excellent rail, bus and air links to the rest of Scotland and globally. The city centre is within walking distance or bus.
- We are close to The Cairngorms National Park, Highlands, coastal trails and wide ranging summer and winter activities.
We provide contemporary accommodation which is guaranteed if you are travelling from overseas. University accommodation provides you with a launderette, bike storage, and wireless internet. You will make new friends.
- Crombie and Johnson Halls of Residence – at the heart of King’s College Campus
- Elphinstone and The Spital – at the edge of the campus
- Hillhead Halls Student Village which is the largest halls of residence, located at Bridge of Don. It offers you a café bar, community information and advice points, meeting and exercise rooms and a chill out zone. On campus we offer a range of refreshment and places to eat
- There are also partner residences within walking distance of the campus and private accommodation
- The Sir Duncan Rice library has a great range of collections, study areas and is visible from most of the city with its own fantastic views of Aberdeen city and seaside, with other libraries on campus.
- We provide free WiFi on campus to keep up to date with studies, friends and relatives globally at any time.
- Many specialist facilities explained on your programme page which are relevant to your chosen programme.
- You will need to register with a doctor when you arrive and we can explain more about this before you arrive at Infohub. Find out about what study support is available before you arrive.
- Social media accounts