About University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen worldwide
- We are in the top 10 for graduate employment in the UK (The Independent 2016). 96% of our graduates enter work or study within six months of graduating. Aberdeen provides 28% of Scottish GDP (BBC 2014)
- We have been researching the oil and gas industry since the 1970s working closely with FTSE 100 energy companies in the city and internationally to reflect changing needs of the energy industry across engineering, business and law internationally.
- In a digital age, our Business School is constantly striving to give you a competitive edge in solving business problems at top level. We work with local multinational energy business, luxury products, and a travel and a tourism industry known globally.
- We are at the forefront of innovation in nutrition, biotechnology, imaging, stratified medical innovation, health and wellbeing, genetics and more.
- Aberdeen is a hub of environmental experts in soil, geology, marine, forestry, management, GIS and more. Our location is ideally situated next to sea, energy industries, agriculture, wild and extreme environments.
- Our arts create internationally renowned writers, musicians, composers, historians, archaeologists, heritage experts and more, inspiration is all around on campus.
- Our programmes are professionally relevant capturing future employment needs. We are in the top 10 universities for research led innovation spin out business from research.
- Founded in 1495 at Kings College, University of Aberdeen is the fiffth oldest University in the UK, situated in beautiful ‘Old Aberdeen.’ Many subjects from then continue to this day.
- Our research has been life changing resulting in five Nobel Prize winners including research leading to the MRI scanner and Insulin. Currently over 76% of our research is classified as world leading or internationally excellent.
- Our international team and alumni regularly travel around the globe. Find out about when we are in your country and visit us or chat and visit online.
- After finding your perfect programme find out more about applying for your visa and UK immigration regulations. Some programmes offer online study
- View English Language requirements for your programme on your programme page.
Scholarships and Funding
- We offer a wide range of scholarships all are available on our funding database. Aberdeen graduates get a discount.
- We give you a range of funding options A calculator will help you budget your costs. Aberdeen city suits all budgets with supermarkets, retail, eating and entertainment and plenty of free outdoor activities.
Our Location: Aberdeen
- We are located in the energy capital of Europe with over 20 US and FTSE 100 companies with offices in the city.
- If you love easy city life, the seaside, the outdoors, stunning scenery and alpine environments, Aberdeen is an ideal city to study in.
- The city offers you great architecture, eating out, museums, sport, entertainment, and excellent shops at wide ranging UK retail shopping centres and ‘Old World’ Aberdeen
Shops and cafes.
- Ferries take you directly to Orkney and Shetland with excellent rail, bus and air links to the rest of Scotland and globally. The city centre is within walking distance bus or bike.
- We are close to The Cairngorms National Park, Highlands, coastal trails and wide ranging summer and winter activities.
We provide contemporary accommodation which is guaranteed if you are travelling from overseas. You get a launderette, bike storage, wireless internet and new friends.
- Crombie and Johnson Halls of Residence – at the heart of King’s College Campus,
- Elphinstone and The Spital – at the edge of the campus
- Hillhead Halls Student Village which is the largest halls of residence, located at Bridge of Don. It offers you a café bar, community information and advice points, meeting and exercise rooms and a chill out zone. On campus we offer a range of refreshment and places to eat.
- There are also partner residences within walking distance of the campus and private accommodation.
- Join over 14500 students and staff from over 120 countries in the international centre and across the cosmopolitan city.
- Get involved in our active students’ association offering you wide ranging clubs and societies.
- Enjoy sports and fitness to Olympic level, several libraries, eating and refreshments
- Develop your interests in Aberdeen and Shire for a great study life balance all year.
- Aberdeen is ‘Britain’s Safest City’ (Provident Financial 2017)
- Book a visit or virtual tour and chat to us online
- The Sir Duncan Rice library has a great range of collections, study areas and is visible from most of the city with its own fantastic views of Aberdeen city and seaside, with other libraries on campus.
- We provide free WiFi on campus to keep up to date with studies, friends and relatives globally at any time.
- Specialist facilities are explained on your programme page, relevant to your chosen programme.
- You will need to register with a doctor when you arrive and we can explain more about this before you arrive at Infohub.
- Social media accounts