- View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The taught MSc in Archaeology of the North is the only degree of its kind in the world, reflecting the unique research focus of the Department of Archaeology at Aberdeen. This degree can be studied on a part time basis.
You research and investigate the material culture and heritage of the far northern hemisphere, including Scotland, the North Atlantic, Scandinavia and Baltic Europe, northern Russia and the circumpolar region through Siberia, the North Pacific and high-latitude North America. You look at colonisation, culture contact, lifeways and world-views. You are given a thorough knowledge of theory and practice specific to northern archaeology and a foundation for further study or employment. You will acquire a detailed competence in a specialist regional or chronological field, chosen from a range of options across the entire northern world.
The degree can be taken as preparation for higher research, as a professional qualification or purely for interest.
- View all course modules
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day or visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate School Admissions Unit
- +44 (0)1224 272655