View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
With increasing challenges faced by the health sector budgets have to be managed carefully in terms of systems, policy, evidence and statistics. You study all of these factors specific to health and economics, assisted by the Health Economics Research Unit. You also study healthcare finance, behaviour and applied statistics. There is a growing demand for health economists and the department has strong links with the NHS.
Courses for MSc include: Introduction to Economics and Health Economics, Economic Evaluation - Principles and Frameworks, Economic Evaluation - Applications and Policy, Healthcare Systems and Policy, Economics of Health Behaviour, Fundamentals of Research Design, Evidence - Based Health, Applied Statistics. Some of these courses are optional and you can study for PGCert and PGDip if you prefer.
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
This programme is specifically designed to service a need within healthcare systems to provide value for money and affordability across the wide range of services provided. You can work within the health care sector, regulators, the pharmaceutical industry, specific organisations within the healthcare system. HERU has strong links with health policy makers across the UK including the Evidence Directorate of Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Analytical Services Division of the Scottish Government, NHS Education Scotland and NHS Health Scotland.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You are supervised by experienced senior staff in HERU and Insitute of Applied Health Sciences. HERU is also contracted by the UK NHS to conduct Technology Assessment Reviews.
- The Centres work with the School of Medicine and health campus which is one of the largest in Europe so you get the best knowledge of services and range and you experience knowledge from staff of The Business School
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Online
- Study Options – Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 437096