Applicants should possess a 2:1 or higher Honours degree in Psychology, recognised as Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) by the British Psychological Society.
Months of entry
Health Psychology is the fastest growing field of psychology in the UK. This MSc programme aims to provide you with an understanding of theories and methods in this exciting field and the ability to apply them to play an active role in helping solve the health challenges our society faces.
Successful completion of the MSc Health Psychology confers Stage 1 of the BPS training requirements for Chartered Health Psychologist status.
Although the topics covered are diverse, the main areas of interest are:
- Health behaviours - understanding and changing participation in health damaging and health protecting behaviours
- Psychological aspects of illness and disability - examining the psychological impact of illness on individuals, families and carers, promoting positive 'illness behaviours'
- Health related cognitions and emotions - investigating the cognitive and emotional processes which explain health and illness behaviours
- Processes influencing the delivery of health care - studying factors that influence how health care professionals and organisations deliver care
- Professional practice - training in key skills such as cognitive-behavioural therapy, motivational interviewing and health coaching
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44(0)1224 437096