Candidates must normally have an Honours degree to at least 2.1 standard in an appropriate discipline or equivalent qualifications and experience.
Training, eg, Palaeography, Latin, Computing and Statistics, Languages.Inter-disciplinary themes - see below in Research Specialisms.
Months of entry
This degree provides essential skills and expert knowledge, across various disciplines on themes to do with medieval and early modern European culture, language and history.
The programme aims to prepare students for potential further research (such as a PhD). This involves a combination of developing:
- foundational skills in the study of medieval and early modern Europe (languages and documents),
- a deep understanding of the culture, history and other relevant disciplines for the period (through content courses) and skills in pursuing independent research in the field.
Find out more about courses
Information for international students
IELTS test overall score of 6.5, with a writing and reading score of 6.0 and a listening and speaking score of 5.5. TOEFL overall score of 90, with a writing and reading score of 21, a listening score of 17 and a speaking score of 20
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||10|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||30 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Dr Karin Friedrich
- +44 (0)1224 272890