- View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This innovative programme will appeal to anyone who wants to progress a career in the art and heritage business area. It is designed for you if you have a background in either history of art or business. You are not expected to have knowledge of both disciplines prior to entry.
The taught MLitt in Art and Business is designed around the excellent resources available at the University of Aberdeen to support your study. Through the study of both art in situ and contemporary business theory and practice, you will gain a first hand experience of the art market place. Options provide training in art historical, business and museum methodology. The course is delivered as a collaboration between leading commercial professionals and academics.
Industry Links and Careers
The programme allows for interactions with practising professionals in the art and heritage world including Hauser and Wirth, White Cube, Christies, the Barbican Arts Centre, The Royal Collection Trust, Weiss Gallery, The Scottish Gallery, Kincardine Castle, Drum Castle, Natoinal Trust for Scotland, Taylor's Auction Rooms and Aberdeen City Heritage Trust.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- We offer a great variety of learning experiences outside the university within art houses, heritage and collections which you experience from galleries to stately homes and auction houses visiting national museums in Edinburgh, Glasgow, The British Museum, National and Tate Modern plus extensive collections in the Shire.
- You learn the essentials of art and business from start ups to charitable trusts to connoisseurship
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day or visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272890