View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
If you think you have Scottish ancestory or you have an interest in History and Art History that shaped Scotland as it is today this programme is for you. If you want to work in tourism or heritage tourism this programme will provide an in depth knowledge which you can take further if you wish. Courses include: Scotland's Milllenium, Scottish Diaspora, Visual and Design History, and Research Methods. You can study from anywhere in the world. University of Aberdeen offers many useful archives and materials dating from its inception in 1495 to the current day and all aid your research and understanding of Scottish Heritage.
This is a fascinating subject area which finds the relationships between different countries and Scotland and reasons why people moved a few hundred to a few thousand miles away in the pursuit of a better life or to escape persecution.
Courses include: Scotland: A Millenium of History, The Scottish Diaspora, Scottish Visual History, Approaches to Research: Archives and Sources, Dissertation in Scottish Heritage, The Scottish Diaspora, Scottish Visual History, and your Dissertation.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- At University of Aberdeen we have been studying Culture, Traditions, Languages, Archaeology, History, Art of different tribes of people that shaped our past since Bishop Elphinstone founded Kings College in 1495. We have access to the Bestiary on site, Burgh Records, Buildings of Scotland and Scottish Emigration Database. Internally we have access to the Schools of Divinity, History, Philosophy, History and History of Art to bring you an all round knowledge of Scottish Heritage online wherever you are in the world from world renowned experts.
- You are provided with an MLitt in Scottish Heritage from where you can work in museums, heritage attractions in Scotland or communities overseas. You can also extend your knowledge and visit Scotland's castles, battle grounds, islands, nearby Royal Deeside, Art Collections, National Museums, Archaeoligical sites and so on. You can become a specialist in heritage tourism or you can specialise in specific areas of heritage.
- If you take a trip to Aberdeen City, home of the energy industry currently it is surrounded by heritage such as the Castle Trail, you can get a ferry from the city to the islands and visit world heritage sites, and go further West to visit the Highlands and Clan Museums, Art Collections and more.
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Online
- Study Options – Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit ongr chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272890