View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This is a growth area of need within mental health and wellbeing where you can work for both health providers and set up in consultancy to offer support to those most in need of reflection and improvement of their mental health to live as full a life as possible.
You are given a safe, supportive yet challenging learning environment that will enable you to develop and demonstrate personal qualities and professional skills to become a competent and reflective practitioner. You develop sound knowledge of philosophies, theories, research and practise in the discipline and a deep understanding of the therapeutic process.
Individual counselling practice is designed within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and the COSCA Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice.
Courses include: Foundations of Person Centred Counselling, Theraputic Process in Person Centred Counselling, Development of Professional Counselling Practice, Reflexivity and Professional Enquiry, your Work Based Dissertation.
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
You can work within wide ranging industries, charities, business organisations, education, health and social care settings plus Human Resources and Occupational Health. On completing your studies you can apply for membership of the Counselling and Psycotherapy in Scotland Association or the British Association of Counselling and Pscyotherapy. Career options are within counselling and wellbeing.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You learn to develop qualities necessary for competent reflective counselling, self awareness, reflection and understanding of the process
- You develop the sound ethical framework outlined by BACP and COSCA Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Education
- +44 (0)1224 274776