View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Designed with industry partners to produce world class Petroleum Engineering professionals you develop skills to become fully competent in the upstream oil and gas industry positions. Aberdeen is the European capital of the oil and gas industry and the programme benefits greatly from industry connections working with many industries in the area.
Courses on campus include: Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience, Petrophysics Core Analysis and Formation Evaluation, Reservoir Engineering, Well and Production Engineering, Reservoir Simulation, Well Testing: Analysis and Design, Field Development and Petroleum Economics, Enhanced Oil Recovery and your research project.
You can choose from various deliveries of this programme:
- 1 Year (On Campus at University of Aberdeen) or (Distance Learning) September or January Full Time
- 2 Years (On Campus) September or January Part Time
Courses online include: Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience, Petrophysics Core Analysis and Formation Evaluation, Reservoir Engineering, Well and Production Engineering, Reservoir Simulation, Well Testing Analysis and Design, Field Development and Petroleum Economics, Enhanced Oil Recovery, and your research project
- 2 Years, 3 months or 30 months (Online) September or January Part Time
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You can either study on campus or online to fit around your schedule and study anywhere in the world from the heart of the oil and gas industry in Aberdeen City UK
- Our close links with industry forged in the oil boom of the 1970s continue to provide you with industry relevant skills, professionals and projects with leading business in the industry.
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44(0)1224 272515