View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The business world is constantly evolving in terms of trends, innovations, new products, new ways to do things, but one area of law which still relies on some basic principles to be put in place at the start. Assets need to be managed to prevent unwanted copying of any successful creative idea which has been recorded. Globalisation means that business trading globally requires constant appraisal of creative asset protection in each new country to ensure that the originator maximises from the profit.Creativity comes in many forms, novel ways to do things, new products, new logos, the list is a long one. Even if business does not trade globally it may well be caught up in protecting its copyright if it trades on the internet for example so this is a very large area of law.
The LLM Intellectual Property Law allows you to commercialise innovation, trademarks, creativity and brands and protect assets. You study critical legal thinking and scholarship, with optional courses in energy innovation, cultural property issues, art, museums, human rights, and commercialising the latest innovative technologies.
Courses include: Criticial Legal Thinking and Scholarship, Master of Law Dissertation, and optional courses in International Intellectual Property - Frameworks and Challenges, Copyright and Patents, Cultural Property Issues - Law, Art and Museums, Trade Marks and Brand Development, Commercialising Innovation and Law
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The School of Law is ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- Intellectual Property Law is international in nature and relevant wherever you come from. There are over 40 nationalities studying Law in the School of Law. 98% of students felt that their LLM had added value to their career prospects and 97% would recommend their course to others
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- 01224 274260