View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
You gain a thorough knowledge of public international law, look at recent trends, developments, analyse and interpret legal sources, cases, literature and research to formulate independent opinion on international legal questions. You clearly present findings by all communication methods and you apply advanced academic knowledge in public international law in a professional context.
The programme is designed for law graduates or professionals in possession of a full law degree or who hold an equivalent degree and/or have sufficient professional experience in the field. If you are already working ior pursuing a career in governmental institutions, international organisations, international non-governmental organisations, international legal firms, or as international legal consultants or want to progress your career in this area of law this is an ideal programme.
Courses include: Critical Legal Thinking, International Law: A Time of Challenge. Optional Courses include: International Energy and Environmental Law, The Politics of Human Rights, World Trade Organisation: Gatt, International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian Law, The Use of Force in International Law, International Trade and Finance Law, International Human Rights Law and your Dissertation.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You are taught by research experts in a long established School since the Middle Ages which is now ranked in the Top 10 in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- 98% of students felt that their LLM had added value to their career prospects and 97% would recommend their course to others
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 274260