View entry requirements for this programme.
Months of entry
If you want choice in your curriculum within molecular medicine and a broad range of knowledge to apply to different directions when you graduate this programme gives you solid understanding. You gain experience and knowledge of advanced bioinformatics, molecular genetics, biotechnology and genomic sequencing and a choice of genetics, biologic drug discovery, development, host pathogen interactions, immunogenetics, introductory microbiology and immunology and applied statistics. You learn from a well established team of researchers and clinicians in an interdisciplinary setting at one of the largest teaching hospitals and campuses in Europe. Health sciences have been taught and researched here since the Middle Ages. with notable achievements in drug discovery and therapies such as Insulin for example from the university.
Industry Links and Careers
Biotechnology, Pharmacology and related areas are in high growth in the UK and beyond due to new digital advances which when applied to health sciences have resulted in significant ability to innovate quickly, rapid prototyping and upscaling easily. Within Scotland the university is well connected to the Innovation centres designed to help fuel innovation and product extensions across Scotland and the wider UK Catapult centres to encourage advances and innovations directly from academic researchers, masters graduates and industries. The UK punches above its weight in biotechnology and pharmacy and the university is ranked in the top 10 in the UK for spin out companies, many of whom are in the biotechnology, drug discovery and pharacological areas.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The medical school is ranked in the top 10 in the UK and medical sciences have been taught at University of Aberdeen since the Middle Ages at one of Scotland's ancient universities. You study at Foresterhill which is a mix of teaching hospital and new centres of innovation, excellence and research. It serves a large population in Aberdeenshire and beyond and to the islands of Orkney and Shetland.
- The programme gives you the potential to apply your knowledge across a range of areas, giving you employabilty and the potential to start your own business as a result of your own research and innovation capability.
- You study using the latest applications, techniques and tools alongside solid advanced ability to analyse, research, study and apply your knowledge to a variety of situations
- You learn subjects which are in high demand in the industry currently with optional added value discipline areas which can augment your career.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
Information for International Students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
Sign up for an open day or visit.
Fees and funding
Fees and Funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272090