- BDS or equivalent dental degree
- Qualified for at least 2 years
Months of entry
This programme is for the busy dental practitioner who has an interest in high quality, evidence-based restorative treatment. You’ll be taught by dental professionals who have amassed many years of experience not only in teaching but also in applying their knowledge to their own patient care. The variety of teaching brings you up to date with GDC requirements, enhances your record-keeping skills, communication skills and team-working ability. Our programme covers disciplines that will enhance your practice.
- Our treatment phases teach you not only the theory but will give you an opportunity to practice those skills in a simulated environment and to then showcase your skills in structured case-based presentations.
- Each of the restorative disciplines will be covered at a greater depth by teachers such as Professor Richard Ibbetson and consultants including Graeme Lillywhite who will ensure your knowledge and techniques are modern evidence-based dentistry.
- Later in the programme you will learn to apply these skills and look at when and how to apply adjunct therapies such as bleaching and general practitioner applied orthodontics with an introduction to facial aesthetics.
- You will also have the opportunity to cover GDC-based requirements such as keeping your Basic Life Support skills honed and completing your core of knowledge training for the next five years.
- You will receive some business insight from world-class teachers such as Chris Barrow and Ashley Latter who will help you to understand how to enhance your practice and uptake of treatments.
- For your dissertation, you will choose a topic you are keen to learn more about or holds a particular interest for you and develop a deeper appreciation and knowledge in your chosen area.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time30 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details