View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The MLitt in Museum Studies helps you study by drawing on the University’s own internationally important collections and museums to develop your practical experience of working in a museum with professional and academic staff. You learn to intepret musuems and develop exhibitions and associated communications relevant to public needs.
Industry Links and Careers
You get extensive use of the University's museums and collections and the wider museums in Aberdeen City and Shire. There is the famous Castle Trail and gardens run by the National Trust for Scotland and Balmoral on Royal Deeside within reach of Aberdeen. Further afield there are the National Museums of Scotland in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Apart from extensive use of museums and collections on site you are taught by staff from a range of relevant disciplines including: Anthropology, Archaeology, Education and History of Art to give you an excellent range of skills and knowledge.
- You study in one of the most beautiful locations in Aberdeen. Old Aberdeen contains buildings dating back to the Middle Ages and earlier, cobbled streets, beautiful architecture and unusual features and it is a tourist attraction in itself.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administratror
- +44 (0)1224 272762