Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About University of Bath
At Bath we are known for excellence in teaching and research; a superb student experience; and providing outstanding preparation for the workplace. Bath is a top ten UK university (Guardian University Guide 2021 and The Complete University Guide 2021), ranked fourth in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018 and awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
Our academic programmes are designed to provide both rigorous intellectual challenge and real-world relevance, giving our students the opportunity to study with researchers who are leaders in their field.
87% of our research is world leading or international excellent (according to REF 2014) so your studies will be informed by some of the most exciting and innovative ideas across all fields.
Our vibrant campus, and location right on the edge of the city of Bath, provide superb sporting, social and cultural opportunities. We are one of the safest campus sites in the UK - we were one of the first universities in the country to win a national police approved security award.
Join our close-knit, high-achieving community to gain the knowledge, skills and experience you’ll need to thrive in a world of global networks.
Masters courses and research degrees
The University offers a broad range of Masters courses and research degrees. Subjects include engineering, design, humanities, social science, management and science.
The University of Bath is recognised for its impactful research, ranked in the top 10 of British Universities for research quality (The Complete University Guide 2020). We carry out research that makes a difference to society – from developing new drugs to cure breast cancer, working with Ford to develop fuel-efficient engines, to the Queen’s Anniversary Prizewinning research into child poverty.
Postgraduate students benefit from:
- Excellent teaching and research facilities, including purpose built laboratories.
- During the 2020/21 academic year, we are offering an inspiring blended learning experience to our students which combine both in-person and online learning activities. looking ahead to 2021 entry and beyond, it is hoped that the impact of Covid-19 on our lives will have lessened. We will build on what we have learnt through the crisis to offer yet better learning and teaching opportunities.
- Supported for your research from internationally recognised supervisors.
- Opportunities to enhance your employability via targeted skills training or, for selected programmes, work placements.
- Access our state-of-the-art library, open 24/7, working around your studying schedule
- Funding is available in many different forms, from studentships offered by our departments and scholarships to career development loans.
The University’s purpose built campus is set in attractive rural grounds overlooking the historic city of Bath. The campus has all the local amenities you could ask for including library, shops, banks and a post office just a five minute walk from your accommodation.
We have invested over £100 million in our campus on new student accommodation, new facilities for the arts, new academic buildings and a new Olympic quality swimming pool situated in the stunning Sports Training Village, which is home to medal-winning Olympic athletes, and is open to students for elite and recreational sport.
Bath is a cosmopolitan city with a rich cultural heritage and is only one of three cities in the world to be included on UNESCO’s world heritage list.
Small enough to explore on foot, you can discover its beautiful stone buildings and the natural hot springs which gave the city its name. Indulge yourself in year-round arts festivals, museums, galleries and the spa and get involved with the local community with our great volunteering opportunities.
The University boasts a vibrant international student community. Over 100 nationalities are represented among our 3,500 international students.
We know that moving to a new country and experiencing a different culture can be challenging. Here at Bath our International Student Advice Team can help to settle you in, including an international orientation programme and mentoring scheme to help students relax into life in the UK.
University of Bath alumni can be found occupying positions of influence in many countries and we seek to continue our association with former students long after they have graduated.
Learn more about support available to International students.
- Centre for Digital Entertainment
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Condensed Matter Physics
- Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies
- Department for Health
- Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering
- Department of Biology & Biochemistry
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social & Policy Sciences
- EPSRC Future Manufacturing Research Hub in Continuous Manufacturing and Advanced Crystallisation
- School of Management
We hold Virtual Open Days several times a year to help prospective students experience the University of Bath.
f you are considering studying for a Master’s degree at the University of Bath in 2021, register now to attend our next Virtual Open Day on Wednesday 24 March 2021 from 11:00 to 15:00 GMT+1. Chat live with staff and current postgraduate students to find out more about living and studying at Bath. Join our live webinars where you can ask questions directly to both staff and students.