About University of Bath
At Bath we are known for excellence in teaching and research; our welcoming community; and for providing students with outstanding preparation for the workplace. We are The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023 University of the Year and a top ten university in three national league tables (Guardian University Guide 2023, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023, and the Complete University Guide 2023). We are also ranked 5th for graduate prospects in the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023 and ranked 5th for career after 15 months in the Guardian University Guide 2023.
Our academic programmes are designed to provide both rigorous intellectual challenge and real-world relevance, giving you the opportunity to study with researchers who are leaders in their field.
92% of our research is world-leading or internationally excellent (according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021) so your studies will be informed by some of the most exciting and innovative ideas across all fields.
Our vibrant campus, and location right on the edge of the city of Bath, offer sporting, social and cultural opportunities. We are one of the safest campus sites in the UK - we were one of the first universities in the country to win a national police approved security award.
Join our friendly, high-achieving community to gain the knowledge, skills and experience you’ll need to thrive in a world of global networks.
Masters courses and research degrees
The University offers a broad range of Master's courses and research degrees. Subjects include engineering, design, humanities, social science, management and science.
We carry out research that makes a difference to society - from developing a sustainable alternative to palm oil, protecting us from cyber-attacks, culturing meat for sustainable nutrition, to creating a new way of storing and transporting vaccines without refrigeration.
Postgraduate students benefit from:
- Our learning approach is mainly through in-person activities on campus, supported by online elements, and structured independent study. This enables to support individual student’s study needs and remain flexibility in course delivery when needed.
- Support from internationally recognised supervisors.
- Supported for your research from internationally recognised supervisors.
- Opportunities to enhance your employability via targeted skills training or, for selected programmes, work placements.
- Access our Library, open 24/7, working around your studying schedule
- Funding is available in many different forms, from studentships offered by our departments and scholarships to career development loans.
The University’s campus is set on attractive rural grounds overlooking the historic city of Bath. You don’t have to walk far to reach facilities like the Library, postgraduate common rooms, shops, and a post office.
In the last decade the University has invested over £450 million in our campus. This includes new accommodation, academic buildings and sport facilities such as an Olympic legacy-swimming pool and a gym and fitness centre expanded across three floors.
Bath is a lively, friendly, and historic city, surrounded by beautiful countryside. The city is home to global businesses and start-up companies, so you can find local employment opportunities while you study and when you graduate. Bath is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list twice; for its historic architecture and as one of the Great Spas of Europe.
Small enough to explore on foot, you can discover its beautiful stone buildings and the natural hot springs which gave the city its name. Indulge yourself in year-round arts festivals, museums, galleries and the spa and get involved with the local community with our great volunteering opportunities.
The University has a vibrant international student community. 32% of students come from outside the UK, representing over 147 nationalities.
We know that moving to a new country and experiencing a different culture can be challenging. Here at Bath our International Student Advice Team can help to settle you in, including an international orientation programme and mentoring scheme to help students relax into life in the UK.
University of Bath alumni can be found occupying positions of influence in many countries and we seek to continue our association with former students long after they have graduated.
Learn more about support available to International students.
- Centre for Digital Entertainment
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Condensed Matter Physics
- Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies
- Department for Health
- Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering
- Department of Biology & Biochemistry
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social & Policy Sciences
- EPSRC Future Manufacturing Research Hub in Continuous Manufacturing and Advanced Crystallisation
- School of Management
We have a number of scholarship schemes available with a range of eligibility. Explore all our scholarships for 2023. Apply now for courses starting in 2023.
Postgraduate Virtual Open Days
Get an insight into what it’s like to study at Bath – wherever you are.
We hold Virtual Open Days and events several times a year to help prospective students experience the University of Bath.
Our next Postgraduate Virtual Open Day will take place on Wednesday 8 February.
Find out more about our Postgraduate Virtual Open Days.
- 01225 388388
- Social media accounts