Typically, you should have a first- or second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent.
To apply for this course, you must have an undergraduate degree in a subject with high quantitative content such as mathematics/statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, economics, or a quantitative social science. We may consider other subjects if they have enough quantitative content.
Previous experience of computer programming is an advantage. You should include information about your quantitative and programming experience in your personal statement.
Months of entry
January, May, September
Leverage data and advance your career
Gain a competitive edge in your career by developing the business management and technical data analysis skills needed to drive strategic results for your company with the University of Bath’s online MSc Business Analytics course.
Delivered by the EQUIS- and AMBA-accredited Bath School of Management, this course provides access to training and industry experts that are invaluable for students’ hands-on data management, data mining, and data analysis preparation. This includes access to cutting-edge software and analytical tools through the University of Bath’s partnership with IBM.
Focus on cutting-edge topics for advanced roles
The online MSc Business Analytics course immerses you in business topics taught by experts with industry experience and the curriculum will equip you with innovative skills for identifying data insights and lead business solutions. Using advanced technologies, including machine learning, heuristics, forecasting and business statistics, you will learn how to improve business decision-making.
- Ranked 3rd in Business and Management Studies by The Complete University Guide 2024*
- Voted University of the Year 2023, and ranked 4th in Business, Management and Marketing by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023*
- Ranked 6th in Business and Management in The Guardian University Guide 2023*
- Ranked top 100 in the world and top 10 in the UK for Business Analytics by the QS Business Masters rankings 2022*
Interactive online learning
You will learn via immersive video material and real-life case studies, as well as benefit from direct and regular communication with other students and lecturers. Learning material is made available to you via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
The online MSc Business Analytics not only sets you up with a deeper understanding of data science, it equips you with the business acumen to put data insights into practice and take your career to the next level.
“When I came across the programme being offered by none other than the University of Bath, I leaped at the opportunity and began building application right away. The programme benefitted me in more ways than I could imagine and really contributed to me securing my two previous roles of which are both data orientated. I really mean it when I say I have absolutely no regrets and have not looked back since.”
Ross Gray, University of Bath, Business Analytics online MSc student
- Business Intelligence (10 credits)
- Databases (10 credits)
- Optimisation (10 credits)
- Spreadsheet Modelling (10 credits)
- Business Statistics (10 credits)
- Forecasting (10 credits)
- Data Mining (10 credits)
- Machine Learning (10 credits)
- Heuristics (10 credits)
- Simulation (10 credits)
- Analytics in Practice (10 credits)
- Project Management (10 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Thrive in the right business career for you
Data analytics is the priority for today's businesses. Combining the technical aspects of data science with decision-making and access to computational data analysis tools through our IBM partnership, the 100% online MSc prepares you to unlock opportunities as data specialists, business analysts, project managers and more.
Some of the business analytics job prospects include:
- Business analyst: As businesses grow and change to meet the expectations of their stakeholders, business analysts inform new developments by conducting research, solving problems, setting new objectives or goals and achieving the desired results with objectives or goals.
- Business consultant: Business consultants are employed on a contractual or permanent basis. They work directly with business owners or train and educate them on business practices. Together, consultants and owners develop a business plan, identify market needs and review financial data.
Business Analytics Postgraduate Certificate
Gain the fundamental concepts of Business Analytics in practical organisational settings. Acquire the skills to analyse, interpret, and present multidimensional and complex data.
- 1 Year duration
- 60 Credits
- £833 per 10 credits
Business Analytics Postgraduate Diploma
Apply the insights of the discipline of Business Analytics in practical organisational settings and understand their consequences in the wider and international context.
- 2 Years duration
- 120 Credits
- £833 per 10 credits
Information for international students
If your first language is not English you will need IELTS with a grade of at least 7.0 overall and no less than 6.5 in any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing and speaking). If you completed your degree in the UK within the last 2 years prior to the start of the course, you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible27 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Online Admissions Team
- +44 (0)1225 738 000