About University of Bedfordshire
Further your study at the University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education. With over 22,000 students, we provide outstanding higher education to people from all backgrounds and from over 120 countries, with a significant proportion of mature students and a growing international postgraduate community.
Postgraduate study allows you to develop highly sought after transferable skills, and get a head-start over your peers in an increasingly competitive job market. The advantages of studying at the University of Bedfordshire have never been greater:
- Courses taught by leading experts in their fields, with many lecturers presenting their work at international and national conferences.
- Teaching informed by research, with over half our research rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ by the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
- Multiple start points for those courses with ‘block delivery’, family-friendly attendance modes and part-time study options.
- First-class facilities, equipment and resources, including our libraries at the Luton and Bedford campuses.
- A brand new STEM building providing state-of-the-art science and technology facilities.
- Excellent location, with central London only 25 minutes away from Luton and 40 minutes away from Bedford.
- Industry links that provide a broad range of training and accredited professional courses
More than a degree
With 91% of our graduates in work and/or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2018), the University prepares you for the world of work with a vast range of opportunities available.
We also have a wide range of clubs and societies, including a range of sports teams that compete in the British University and College Sport league (BUCS). Our Get Active programme also offers a range of regular exercise classes, as well as one-off taster days, across our Luton and Bedford campuses.
You’ll also benefit from industry talks and masterclasses, where you’ll have the opportunity to gain an insight into your chosen career, and build your industry network
Facilities and resources
The University of Bedfordshire boasts a range of high-quality facilities. There’s a specialised Art and Design building, Alexon House and industry-quality equipment such as Business Pods and a mock court room for law students.
Aside from the new STEM Building that opened in 2019, students also have other state-of the art facilities such as the seven-storey library on the Luton campus. Opened in 2016, students can access more than 300,000 books, plus 6,000 ebooks here, and make use of 900 computers. There are spaces for both, silent study and group work, and even a café!
Sporty students will appreciate the Physical Education and Sports Science Centre on the Bedford campus, where world-class athletes trained ahead of the 2012 Olympic Games
You get the best of all worlds with our campus locations in Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury. Colourful, culturally diverse towns with a long history and strong sense of community, big enough to offer a tempting choice of shops, sports and entertainments.
Beautiful countryside, framed by the Chiltern Hills, is on your doorstep as well as villages perfect for a pub lunch. Want a bit of the big-city buzz? Well, London is just a short train journey from Luton and Bedford.
Our Luton campus is also conveniently located close to Luton Airport, where you can take advantage of cheap international flights to many destinations in Europe and beyond.
As a postgraduate student, there are many housing options available to you at our Luton and Bedford campuses where you can make yourself right at home. There are two dedicated “quiet areas” for postgraduate students, and students over 25, at our Luton campus.
There are over 4,000 international students at the University of Bedfordshire, from over 120 countries around the world, so you can look forward to living, studying and building global networks with a diverse range of people.
The International Office is a specialist point of contact for international students. It is open every day Monday to Friday from 9.30am where our advisors are available to talk to students and answer any questions they may have. We also have a dedicated visa desk to provide advice and guidance to students on renewing their visas.
Open days and campus tours
Open days are essential in choosing where you want to study and provide you with the opportunity to:
- Discover our welcoming and supportive atmosphere
- Get more information about individual courses from staff and students
- Take a student-led tour around the campus and try out our purpose built facilities
- Receive specialist advice on various topics including funding and finance, admissions, disability support, careers and employability, accommodation and the Students’ Union
We have open days throughout the year however if you are unable to attend we also do regular campus tours. See more information.
If you are an international student, we have local representatives in many countries that can provide you with details of the facilities at the University. See more information.
Find out more about the University of Bedfordshire.
Our research gets to the root of the matter. The University of Bedfordshire is home to world-leading research with direct societal, economic and cultural impact. Exploring the path to your future.
- 0300 3300 073
- University of Bedfordshire
- University Square
- LU1 3JU
- Social media accounts