About University of Bedfordshire
Further your study at the University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education. With over 22,000 students, we provide outstanding higher education to people from all backgrounds and from over 120 countries, with a significant proportion of mature students and a growing international postgraduate community.
Postgraduate study allows you to develop highly sought after transferable skills, and get a head-start over your peers in an increasingly competitive job market. The advantages of studying at the University of Bedfordshire have never been greater:
- Courses taught by leading experts in their fields, with many lecturers presenting their work at international, national and local conferences
- International research reputation with nearly half of our research considered world leading or internationally excellent (2014 Research Excellent Framework)
- Inspiring entrepreneurial spirits, helping you to develop the entrepreneurial attitude that today’s employers are looking for
- Flexible learning opportunities with family-friendly attendance modes, and part-time study options available
- Great industry links with more than 3,000 companies to provide a broad range of training and accredited professional courses for industry
- Become globally networked with students from over 120 countries, you can begin to build your own global network during your time at Beds
- First-rate resources are available, including our Learning Resources Centres at the Luton and Bedford campuses, as well as the latest software, labs and equipment to assist your studies
More than a degree
With 91% of our graduates in work and/or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2018), the University prepares you for the world of work with a vast range of opportunities available.
We also have a wide range of clubs and societies, including a range of sports teams that compete in the British University and College Sport league (BUCS). Our Get Active programme also offers a range of regular exercise classes, as well as one-off taster days, across our Luton and Bedford campuses.
You’ll also benefit from industry talks and masterclasses, where you’ll have the opportunity to gain an insight into your chosen career, and build your industry network.
Facilities and resources
The University is continually investing in state-of-the-art facilities to provide you with the best environment to succeed.
Gateway, a three-storey building, opened its doors to students at our Bedford campus in 2015. The University’s Gateway building features high-quality teaching spaces, lecture theatres, informal study areas and a new student services centre – everything you could need under one roof.
In 2015 we also opened two new gyms at our Luton and Bedford campuses. Each gym features state-of-the-art fitness equipment, comprising of a range of cardiovascular and weight machines as well as a free-weights area. Both gyms offer a range of flexible and affordable membership options.
In 2016 a purpose-built library spanning over seven floors opened at our Luton campus, featuring state-of-the-art IT and AV equipment, group study areas, quiet study areas and a cafeteria, designed to cater to the differing needs of all of Bedfordshire’s students.
In September 2019 our purpose-built STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) building will open at our Luton campus, featuring industry-standard facilities.
With excellent transport links to London and the rest of the UK, our campuses offer the perfect blend of culture, entertainment and charming surroundings without the capital costs.
- Our Luton campus is situated in the heart of the town centre, whereas our smaller teaching site, Putteridge Bury, is close by in the countryside
- The Bedford campus is a short bus ride (approximately five minutes) from the town centre and a short walk from the Aspects Leisure Centre
- Home to many of our nursing students, the Aylesbury campus is situated in the Medieval county town of Aylesbury
- The newest addition to the University of Bedfordshire is our Milton Keynes campus in the modern, bustling, metropolitan area of central Milton Keynes
As a postgraduate student, there are many housing options available to you at our Luton and Bedford campuses where you can make yourself right at home. There are two dedicated “quiet areas” for postgraduate students, and students over 25, at our Luton campus.
There are over 4,000 international students at the University of Bedfordshire, from over 120 countries around the world, so you can look forward to living, studying and building global networks with a diverse range of people.
The International Office is a specialist point of contact for international students. It is open every day Monday to Friday from 9.30am where our advisors are available to talk to students and answer any questions they may have. We also have a dedicated visa desk to provide advice and guidance to students on renewing their visas.
Open days are essential in choosing where you want to study and provide you with the opportunity to:
- Discover our welcoming and supportive atmosphere
- Get more information about individual courses from staff and students
- Take a student-led tour around the campus and try out our purpose built facilities
- Receive specialist advice on various topics including funding and finance, admissions, disability support, careers and employability, accommodation and the Students’ Union
We have open days throughout the year however if you are unable to attend we also do regular campus tours. See more information.
If you are an international student, we have local representatives in many countries that can provide you with details of the facilities at the University. See more information.
Find out more about the University of Bedfordshire.
Our research gets to the root of the matter. The University of Bedfordshire is home to world-leading research with direct societal, economic and cultural impact. Exploring the path to your future.
- Social media accounts