In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.
Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.
Months of entry
Our MSc Human Resource Management course places responsible business, decent work and good people management at the forefront of teaching and research.
Championing responsible employment and ethical people management
Globalization means that effective and fair management of people is more vital than ever. Graduates will be engaged with critical thinking to, ideally, become more ethically aware and morally responsible managers, employees and citizens, equipped to promote good people management ideas and practices in workplaces and wider society.
Human Resource Management graduates are in high demand from a wide range of top employers for their specialist skills. Our ever-growing relationship with key employers in the sector will provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with leading national and global organisations.
You will begin your studies with a Human Resource Module (HRM) module that provides a foundation of the four core pillars of HRM function: resourcing organisations, developing organisations, reward at work and employment relations. You can then explore a variety of other topics through innovative modules such as The Future of Work and Managing Equality and Diversity. Modules cover theory and practice with guest speakers and practical exercises, as well as research-led academic insights and perspectives.
Why study at Birmingham?
- The MSc HRM programme is distinctive in providing critical understanding of people management and the employment relationship in a ‘big picture’ national and global comparative context.
- Birmingham Business School is home to one of the strongest research-led teaching groups of HRM, employment relations and organisation studies academics in the UK. It is also home to the Work Inclusivity Research Centre (WIRC).
- Birmingham Business School is part of an elite group of global business schools and holds the Triple-Crown accreditation from leading bodies AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- You can develop your understanding of business in a practical way, by working on real-time projects with top global companies through our Future Leaders Certificate.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- +44 (0)121 414 3344