• At least a second-class degree / 3.0 GPA or equivalent • Two references • Personal statement • Academic and professional qualifications as well as professional experience may be taken into consideration.
International students: With the exception of Graduate Diploma Students, applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Months of entry
October, June, February
Earn your Masters of Public Administration (MPA) from the UK’s University of Birmingham and make a lasting impact on society with a practical understanding of public leadership and a global perspective. This comprehensive online MPA is an innovative way to further your career with theory and applicable public management and governance skills using our new online platform, a virtual learning environment that teaches through interaction and engagement.
The University of Birmingham’s online MPA is a 30-month, 180-credit course (including a 60-credit dissertation).
Year one core modules:
· Public Management and Governance in a Changing World - 10 credits
· Leadership in Public Services - 10 credits
· Strategic Management - 10 credits
· Managing Public Money - 10 credits
· Delivering Services and Outcomes - 10 credits
· Public Policy Research Methods - 10 credits
Year two core modules:
· Programme Management - 10 credits
· Performance Management - 10 credits
· Partnership and Collaboration - 10 credits
· Democracy, Governance and Participation - 10 credits
· Managing in a Political Environment - 10 credits
· Managing the Information Age - 10 credits
Year three dissertation:
· Dissertation - 60 credits
Information for international students
Home to one of the largest and most vibrant international student communities in the United Kingdom, the University of Birmingham plays an active role in making Britain a capital of global education. With over 5,000 students from 150 countries, our international students graduate poised as innovators ready to succeed.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Online Admissions
- +44 (0)800 032 7101