• At least a second-class degree / 3.0 GPA or equivalent • Two references • Personal statement • Academic and professional qualifications as well as professional experience may be taken into consideration.
International students: With the exception of Graduate Diploma Students, applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band.
Months of entry
October, June, February
Birmingham Business School’s online MBA is a 30-month, 180-credit course (including a 60-credit dissertation).
Year one core modules:
- Marketing - 10 credits
- Operations Management - 10 credits
- International Business - 10 credits
- Accounting and Finance - 10 credits
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management - 10 credits
- Strategy - 10 credits
Year two core modules:
- Economics and Economic Policy for Business or Service Operations Management - 10 credits*
- Critical Integration in Management or Marketing Strategy - 10 credits*
- Economics and Economic Policy for Business or Managing Change - 10 credits*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation or Corporate Finance - 10 credits*
- Critical Integration in Management or Advanced Strategy - 10 credits*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation or Business and Society - 10 credits*
* We offer repeats of three electives to allow more flexibility
Year three dissertation:
- Dissertation - 60 credits
Information for international students
Home to one of the largest and most vibrant international student communities in the UK, the University of Birmingham plays an active role in making Britain a capital of global education. With over 5,000 students from 150 countries, our international students graduate poised as innovators ready to succeed.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Online Admissions
- +44 (0)800 032 7101