- 2.1 degree (or equivalent) or 2.2 degree (or equivalent) with 2 years' work experience (in design, computing or education) or no degree with 5 + years' work experience (along with copies of transcripts)
- One reference (depending on your eligibility (this may not be required)
- Statement of purpose
- If English is not your first language, standard language requirements apply. Applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any band
Months of entry
February, June, October
Online education has dramatically increased in recent years, and learning environments in many sectors and industries now incorporate both digital and physical environments. The 100% Online PGCert will equip you with the skills and knowledge to design programmes of learning which meet the needs of learners and organisations.
Build a brighter future in digital education
This year has challenged organisations to think differently about education and professional development, and to design learning interventions in new, innovative and pragmatic ways. As such, students on this programme will be exposed to ways of thinking and design which embrace such pragmatism and innovation.
The course incorporates design, technology, education, social sciences, data science and digital development to provide you with a rich diversity of perspectives. You will work with academics, active practitioners and designers of learning environments from the fields of education, computer science, theoretical physics and engineering - each bringing their own unique disciplinary perspectives to instructional design.
Shape your own learning experience
By exposing you to different disciplines and perspectives, the Design for Learning Environment PGCert shapes your own learning experience. You will be encouraged to collaborate with fellow students, academics and practitioners from diverse backgrounds to create a portfolio of assessed work, including instructional design exercises, digital development and data analysis.
The Online PGCert Design for Learning Environments is a 60-credit programme which takes one year to complete. There are six 10-credit modules, each module lasting 8 weeks in total.
- Design and design thinking (10)
- Developing digital artefacts for learning (10)
- Applied data science for learning environments (10)
- Perspectives on learning (10)
- Sociotechnical learning environments (10)
- Communicating design stories (10)
If you would like to study module by module, we also offer Design for Learning Environments short courses. These courses provide the same experience as the PGCert, but are divided into individual, 8-week modules, each worth 10 credits. So, you can flexibly ‘stack’ each module to achieve the full PGCert over a longer period of time.
Fees and funding
For detailed pricing information and to find out more about the payment methods available, please request information and a member of the admissions team will be in touch to discuss your enquiry.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions