A 2:1 Honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject (eg, Computing or a closely related discipline); plus a solid foundation in programming.
Please note that we are operating a staged admissions process for this programme as it is very competitive, and as such this is the minimum entry requirement. For more information on the gathered field process, please see our how to apply section.
Months of entry
- Birmingham is one of the leading universities in the country for postgraduate study in computer science, and we are proud to deliver outstanding programmes that offer a range of exciting career opportunities for students from around the world.
- State-of-the-art, multi-million-pound facilities include dedicated laboratories for Computer Science students, and research laboratories for Security, Medical Imaging, Intelligent Robotics, and Computer Vision.
- We are a partner in The Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national institute for data science and artificial intelligence.
- Our Security and Privacy Group is recognised as an EPSRC/GCHQ Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research and we have a strong collaboration with the Centre for Computational Biology (CCB).
- Working with Jaguar Land Rover to make their vehicles more secure.
- Contributing to the development of the Trusted Platform Module which makes many of our computers capable of secure cryptographic operations.
- Deploying autonomous, intelligent robots in security and health support facilities.
- Developing a revolutionary, award-winning method for diagnosing skin cancer.
Information for international students
English language requirements apply (IELTS 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any band).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team