To be accepted onto this programme a high standard in a mathematically-based undergraduate degree must have been achieved, equivalent to a UK upper second or first class degree.
Months of entry
This postgraduate degree is an ideal preparation for a career in economics, medicine, finance, insurance and industrial management. In the United Kingdom, there is a shortage of personnel who are highly qualified in statistics and operational research. This shortage is predicted to increase in the future.
- Linear Programming
- Integer Programming
- Applied Statistics
- Introduction to Quantitative Finance
- Exotic Options, Bonds and Further Quantitative Finance
- Statistical Methods in Economics
- Research Skills
- MSc dissertation
- Statistical Inference
- Medical Statistics
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Nonlinear Programming
- Muticriteria Decision Making
- Further Mathematical Finance
- Topics in Management Mathematics
- Research Frontiers and Current Topics in Statistics
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days.
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year.
Information for international students
You will need to demonstrate you have a good level of written and spoken English with IELTS, TOEFL or alternative qualifications. IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band TOEFL 87 overall: with no less than 22 in Reading, 21 in Listening, 23 in Speaking, 21 in Writing
Fees and funding
Please visit our website
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- 0121 414 5005