Please ensure that you visit our website for the full entry requirements especially for those wishing to undertake their clinical placement in th UK. These include: - Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (includes professional indemnity); - A BSc/BA honours degree or equivalent; - Documented evidence of a minimum of 1500 hours experience post qualification of using manipulative physiotherapy within a neuromusculoskeletal context. - Supporting evidence of appropriate continuing professional development during this experience will also be required.
Months of entry
This programme enables exploration of the theoretical basis of manipulative physiotherapy and its application to the development of your clinical reasoning. Using the process of clinical reasoning as its framework, this programme integrates the many approaches to practice in this specialist area. It facilitates an evaluation of existing evidence through the exploration of the assessment and management of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
The programme offers part-time and full-time modes of study, providing you with the opportunity to tailor your learning experience to meet your personal and professional needs.
The Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy Masters programme offers you:
- A route to membership with the MACP and IFOMPT
- The support of a personal tutor and dissertation supervisor
- Easy travel access with a dedicated University train station
- The opportunity to gain advanced level competences in your clinical specialty
- Flexible study which can be organised around your other commitments
On completion of the Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy Masters programme you will have the ability to:
- Critically evaluate approaches and methodologies for researching theoretical and practical issues relating to clinical practice
- Critically evaluate previous professional development and plan future development within the framework of contemporary healthcare practice
- Critically analyse the theoretical and conceptual issues underpinning manipulative physiotherapy and the different approaches
- Use clinical reasoning skills to enable the effective management of complex clinical presentations
- Formulate a justifiable research design and conduct analytically an investigation to address a given problem
- Produce a written report worthy of scrutiny in both academic and clinical settings
For further information including full details of all modules, application deadlines and how to apply, as well as access to our online application form, please visit our website at the link below.
Explore postgraduate study at Birmingham at one of our on-campus open days (Friday 13 November 2015 and Friday 4 March 2016). Register to attend at: www.birmingham.ac.uk/pgopendays
If you can’t make it to one of our on-campus open days, our virtual open days run regularly throughout the year. For more information, please visit: www.pg.bham.ac.uk
Information for international students
If applying from overseas you should bear in mind that the process of obtaining a visa can be a long and complicated one. You will also need to meet our minimum English language requirements. See www.birmingham.ac.uk/international/students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service
- 0121 414 5005