Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should normally have:
- a first degree, or accredited prior learning (APL)
- a recognised social work qualification
- registration with Social Work England as a social worker
- a minimum of 15 hours per week dedicated to professional social work practice in a leadership role
- the agreement of an employer to facilitate relevant experience and supervision.
We recruit to this course through local authority secondments rather than through independent applications.
Months of entry
The Professional Social Work Practice MSc supports the development of qualified social workers from the early stages of their career through to being in a leadership role.
The programme is designed to be flexible and meet the development needs of social workers in any setting. Advice and guidance on which modules to undertake are available from the admissions tutor if desired.
Completion of the full award will consolidate learning in line with the eighth level of the College of Social Work's Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF). At this stage, you are expected to be a specialist with some strategic influence.
As a course of continuing professional development (CPD), the Professional Social Work Practice MSc is not accredited by a professional, statutory and regulatory body (PSRB). However, you must still be registered as a social worker with Social Work England to be accepted on to the programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course enquiries
- 01273 644644