The minimum entry level required for this course is as follows:
- a first or second-class honours degree in accounting, business (for the MSc in Finance and Investment only), finance, investment or banking related subjects from a recognised university; or
- a recognised professional finance qualification with relevant work experience
Months of entry
The MSc in Accounting and Finance is designed for managers of the future who recognise the need for businesses to service a wider range of stakeholders.
The course consists of a rigorous and intellectually demanding study of the ‘core’ disciplines of: Financial Reporting and Analysis, Financial Analysis and Portfolio Modelling, Auditing, Derivatives and Financial Risk Management, Economic Analysis, Empirical Techniques in Finance and a dissertation.
The dissertation, which forms a substantial part of the assessment of the degree, will allow you to develop your interests in either mainstream or wider business and societal aspects of Accounting and Finance.
Who is this programme suitable for?
The programme is designed for students who wish to extend their skills and understanding to an advanced level and enhance their careers opportunities at international accounting and finance level.
Students will be required to successfully complete 6 core modules and complete a written dissertation. The modules will be assessed based on a combination of assignments, case studies, formal examinations and dissertation.
Buckingham Business School offers excellent facilities and resources to the postgraduate MSc Accounting and Finance students including:
- Real Time Data Software: Thomson Reuters EIKON
- Time Series Database: A full range of economic and financial data is available through DataStream.
- Statistical Analysis Software: A wide range of Econometric software including SPSS, EVIEWS, Stata and Matlab.
Outstanding students on the programme will have the opportunity of a short work placement with either wealth management, financial services, banking or accounting related firms. This option is available for both international and full-time home/EU students.
Preparation for Work
All our degree courses combine academic challenge with the transferable skills that will stand you in good stead for future employment. Many of our more vocationally-focused degrees offer the opportunity of work placements and experience in industry.
Information for international students
We are happy to consider all international applications. If English is not your first language, please check our postgraduate English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for current tuition fees, scholarships and bursaries.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Business Admissions
- +44 (0)1280 820227