Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants are normally expected to have a first or second class honours degree or significant experience in computing.
Months of entry
This programme of study aims to train first-degree holders in computing-related areas into specialists in selected areas of IT and computing. Based on the current expertise in the Department, the programme offers students opportunities for in-depth study in:
- Secure mobile and wireless communications
- Biometrics and authentication
- Data mining and knowledge discovery
- Imaging techniques and applications
The programme is carefully designed to suit the varied needs of different students from different backgrounds and with different career objectives.
Communications using mobile and wireless devices such as mobile phones, PDA s and laptops have become increasingly important in modern life and electronic commerce. Reliable, speedy and secure transmission of information over such devices is vital for the successful exploitation of the technologies.
Authentication, using biometric data as a sophisticated means to combat fraud, is increasingly accepted by both businesses and governments. Biometric authentication solutions require good use of imaging and data mining techniques in constructing and verifying customer profiles. Online organisations have accumulated large collections of online data that need speedy processing and analysis. If you are interested in finding out more about any of these technologies, then this programme is for you.
On graduating from this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand a range of modern computing technologies
- Apply these technologies in practice
- Describe the roles that modern computing technologies have in many areas of application
- Demonstrate the value of state-of-the-art development in one specific technology and its applications
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Morgan Loberg
- +44 (0)1280 828204