Applicants will hold
- an Honours degree or equivalent and a Master’s award of high standing
- a senior position in a school or an educational organisation
- evidence of previous academic and practical excellence, as well as future potential
Participants, on acceptance, are expected to achieve Advanced Post-Graduate (APG) level, after completing a literature review of their topic area and defending this at an academic seminar. This level is typically reached after 1 year and includes a course in research/development methods.
Months of entry
Our Doctoral Programme in Education by Professional Record promotes and endorses the highest level of knowledge, skills and experiences of leaders in schools and education in the belief that this recognition will impact significantly on practice.
The Ed.D is unique in that it:
- can be completed in 3 years of part-time study
- involves itself in the professional practice of school leaders and accredits a record of evidence rather than a traditional thesis
- incurs a highly competitive course fee
The Professional Record
- A Personal Narrative (5,000 words) detailing a candidate’s professional development and progression, culminating in the choice (with rationale) of a topic of study from work experiences. A career reflection, detailing areas for further development, is also undertaken.
- A Literature Review (15,000 words) examining the specialist topic area in the context of existing information, with reflection and discussion regarding strengths and weaknesses of arguments made.
- The Presentation of Evidence (100,000 words or audio/visual equivalent) under headings:
- qualifications (CV)
- professional development activities
- mobility (national/international links)
- partnerships (working with others)
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nikki Mugford
- +44 (0)1280 820279