Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK First class Honours Degree.
Students will be expected to have well-developed technical skills in engineering or a related technical area, in mathematics, and in computing.
Months of entry
By the end of the programme, students will have acquired:
- knowledge of the fundamental techniques in machine learning and how to apply these techniques to a range of practical problems;
- a deep understanding of fundamental problems in machine intelligence, including speech and language processing and computer vision, and the technologies that form the current state of the art;
- a comprehensive understanding of techniques, and a thorough knowledge of the literature, applicable to the area of their chosen research topic;
- presentation skills through presenting their research in progress;
- the methodological and other technical skills necessary for research in their chosen area;
- the ability to critically assess the technical literature in machine learning and machine intelligence and related topics;
- directly marketable skills in computing, machine intelligence, machine learning, and the data sciences;
- collaborative skills through working with other students on the practical exercises and with PhD students and research assistants while carrying out their research project;
- experience in large-scale computing for machine learning and machine intelligence; and
- an understanding of how to define and conduct a research project.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time11 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details