Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK High 2:1 Honours Degree.
Months of entry
MPhil courses offered by the Department of Land Economy share a number of common aims:
- Enable students of high calibre to pursue their education at an advanced applied level drawing on the primary disciplines of economics, planning and environmental policy, with additional specialisms in finance and law.
- Provide students with opportunities both to build on and develop material which they may have studied at an undergraduate level as well as to broaden their knowledge base.
- Equip students with the necessary skills to pursue careers at a high level in a range of areas, including business and finance, civil service, public service, property professions, environmental agencies and organisations, national and international agencies and further study.
- Provide opportunities for education in a multidisciplinary environment so as to advance the understanding of cognate disciplines and their applications.
- Provide opportunities for learning with colleagues from different social, economic and legal systems.
- Provide students with appropriate skills and experience to enable them to use information and resources critically and to equip them with the means to undertake their own research.
- Provide an educational environment with a strong research ethos that brings together students from a wide variety of backgrounds and fosters an international approach to common problems.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details