Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK Masters (Distinction).
Months of entry
The PhD programme is designed to enable students to produce original research that makes a significant contribution to the field of gender studies. The outcomes of the programme are achieved both through a focused study of a wide range of selected specialised aspects of gender analysis and through the development of more general research skills and methods that enable the student to produce original, independent work. The course aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to:
- frame research questions to construct appropriate research designs;
- develop relevant methods for gathering, analysing and interpreting research material;
- apply normative theories to substantive research topics;
- interpret complex research publications effectively;
- independently manage primary research, including data management and the writing up of research as well as understanding codes of research practice and research ethics;
- and present research and also to make use of constructive criticism.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details