Applicants are assessed and accepted on the basis that they have:
- at least a 2.i honours degree from a UK university or an equivalent standard from an overseas institution;
- a minimum of three years' work experience;
- demonstrable enthusiasm and/or aptitude for sustainability leadership;
- good ability in written and spoken English;
- endorsement from your employer or, if independent, from an organisation that will be the focus of your work on the programme;
- access to appropriate computer technology and internet software; and
- the ability to pay the course fees or to identify a sponsoring institution.
Months of entry
The Master of Studies (MSt) in Sustainability Leadership is a full Master’s degree, delivered part-time for working professionals, that develops the leadership capacity to drive the business response to critical sustainability challenges and opportunities. It is fully accredited by the University of Cambridge, and is delivered as an interdisciplinary programme by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), in association with the Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Land Economy and the Cambridge Judge Business School.
Academic excellence and practical application in a business context are prioritised both in the competitive selection process, and in the design and delivery of the programme. Assessment is through short practical assignments and an extended research dissertation.
The programme, now in its tenth year, typically attracts an exceptional calibre of senior and mid-career leaders from all across the world, and a range of business sectors. Applicants may wish to formalise their credentials as sustainability professionals, or gain a better understanding of how sustainability risks and opportunities apply to mainstream business functions. We likewise appeal to leaders from the not-for-profit or public sectors who wish to work together with the private sector to address sustainability challenges.
- the vision and ambition to drive business leadership to achieve real systems change
- the knowledge, experience and ability to critically evaluate a range of strategic levers for change
- the leadership capacity and confidence at a personal and organisational level to best use these levers to effect transformation
Information for international students
The fee for international students is the same as that for UK students. This course is part time and is based around short residential workshops in Cambridge. The majority of the course is completed away from Cambridge and has been organised to be taken alongside being employed. So it is an ideal offering for international students.
Fees and funding
Please see our website for funding opportunities.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
MSt qualifications are awarded by the Univeristy of Cambridge for part-time Masters level study. They are the equivalent to a Master’s degree from other UK Universities.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1223 768813