Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK Good II.i Honours Degree.
Months of entry
Obesity and its metabolic consequences are major and growing threats to public health. To train the next generation of scientists to tackle this problem, The Wellcome-MRC Institute of Metabolic Science will offer a new full-time taught MPhil in Obesity, Endocrinology & Metabolism.
This new MPhil programme will provide the highest quality postgraduate training in the physiology and pathophysiology of energy balance and metabolism, as well as in new and emerging treatments for obesity and related metabolic diseases (e.g., type 2 diabetes).
- a societal, genetic, physiological, and molecular perspective on the drivers of obesity and metabolic disease;
- a wide breadth of knowledge encompassing many of the endocrine systems that regulate energy balance;
- in-depth and current knowledge of the pathophysiology of energy balance and metabolism;
- training in core research skills including statistical analysis, data handling, critical thinking, scientific writing and data presentation;
- the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research in a world-leading metabolic laboratory;
- the knowledge, research experience and transferable skills to make students highly competitive for their chosen career path (e.g. communications, publishing, research in industry and academia).
Fees and funding
Funding is available. Please consult the Univeristy of Cambridge Funding Search
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- International Admission Office