Applicants must have: a first degree and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status); Non-QTS with relevant experience; the support of your setting.
Months of entry
This course offers a nationally recognised Post Graduate professional qualification for teachers whilst also offering professional accreditation from the British Dyslexia Association. Teachers will be able to engage directly with methods of raising school standards by developing teachers expertise and increasing pupils skills in reading, writing and spelling, motivation and self-confidence.
Year 1 Postgraduate Certificate and ATS/APS
- Identifying and Assessing Learners with Dyslexia
- Learning and Teaching Strategies for Learners with Dyslexia
- Teaching Learners with Dyslexia
Year 2 (Option 1) Postgraduate Diploma
- Dyslexia: Wider Issues and Debates
- Dyslexia in Secondary, Further and Higher Education
- The Adult with Dyslexia
Year 2 (Option 2) Postgraduate Diploma and AMBDA
- The Ethics and Rationale of Psychometric Assessment
- Psychometric Assessment and Individualised Learning
- Evaluation of Pyschometric Assessment
Year 3 Dissertation MA
- Dissertation (compulsory for MA)
Campus based - through week-end schools which happen twice a term at our Riverside Campus in Chester on Friday evening and Saturday.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511 000
- +44 (0)1244 513 111