Minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in any discipline, or equivalent.
Months of entry
This programme is designed to meet the interests of a wide range of participants from Universities, Colleges, Settings, Schools, and Local Authorities. The programme will also cater for professionals from backgrounds outside education such as children’s services, health and social care. The common factor for all potential participants is the desire to develop their expertise in the field of early childhood.
The delivery of the programme has been structured to integrate with the work patterns of busy professionals. The programme makes use of web-based materials, email and scanned sources supported with direct contact concentrated in six weekend schools throughout the year held on Fridays and Saturdays.
The core modules include:
- Children and Communities [20 credits]
- The Developing Child 0-5 years [20 credits]
- The 21st Century Child [20 credits]
- Leadership and Management in Early Childhood [20 credits]
- Technology and Childhood [20 credits]
- Researching Early Childhood [20 credits]
- Dissertation [60 credits]
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1244 511000
- +44 (0)1244 513111