Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have relevant experience in state schools (minimum 10 days) and must have some experience of working with young people
- have GCSE grade C in English Language and Maths and, for Primary and Primary/Early Years, grade C in Science
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy by 30th June 2018
Apply online at: www.ucas.com/ucas-teacher-training
Months of entry
Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
The University of Chester Partnership has a rich history of developing highly skilled, knowledgeable teachers, and has a high employability rate. Our Partnership has learning at its heart, combined with passion and enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
We will provide you with the support you need to become a critically reflective evidence-based practitioner through a combination of academic challenge and school learning. An unusual aspect of the Chester experience is the enrichment module, which will support you in developing your expertise and employability in different educational settings, e.g. nurseries, SEND schools, post-16 provision. Strong pastoral care is a key aspect of ensuring your success on this demanding but fulfilling course.
Professional and academic learning takes place within University and partnership settings in lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials.
School-based learning will move you from observation through group work to whole class teaching.
You will be expected to undertake 10 independent preparation and consolidation study hours (minimum) per week for the University course, in addition to full teaching days when on placement.
Professional and academic learning is assessed through assignments and directed activities.
School-based learning is assessed holistically against the Teachers’ Standards.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Education and Children's Services