Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants will normally:
- hold or be expected to gain a minimum 2:1 degree
- have GCSE grade C/grade 4 or above in English Language and Maths
- have to pass the NCTL skills tests in literacy and numeracy
Apply online at: www.ucas.com/ucas-teacher-training
Months of entry
Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
Teaching is an extremely rewarding and challenging career. Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to be an outstanding teacher.
We aim to nurture teachers who are passionate about the development of their own and their pupils' learning.
Why Study Secondary Music with QTS (11-16) with us?
The University of Chester Partnership has a rich history of developing highly skilled, knowledgeable teachers, and has a high employability rate. Our Partnership has learning at its heart, combined with passion and enthusiasm for teaching and learning. We will provide you with the support you need to become a critically reflective evidence-based practitioner through a combination of academic challenge and school learning.
An unusual aspect of the Chester experience is the enrichment module, which will support you in developing your expertise and employability in different educational settings, e.g. nurseries, SEND schools, post-16 provision. Strong pastoral care is a key aspect of ensuring your success on this demanding but fulfilling course.
How will I be taught?
Professional and academic learning takes place within University and partnership settings in lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorials.
School-based learning will move you from observation through group work to whole class teaching.
How will I be assessed?
- Professional and academic learning is assessed through assignments and directed activities.
- School-based learning is assessed holistically against the Teachers’ Standards.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Education and Children's Services