Applicants will normally be expected to have a first degree (2:2 honours minimum) and two years’ experience of a role on programmes or projects (or no degree and two or more years’ experience).
Months of entry
October, May, February
This MSc delivers advanced education and training across the roles in the programme and project profession.
This profession has high practicality, and our MSc joins best practice with academic study and research. We welcome graduates, as well as non-graduates with practical experience of programmes and projects.
We offer an excellent opportunity to study Programme and Project Management for these reasons:
- The course will draw on your practical experience and join it to academic study.
- Essays focus on the practical application of academic research into your work environment.
- You will be able to access materials remotely 24/7.
- A large number of optional modules are available.
- You may tailor your own study programme, and adapt studies to your chosen career path and objectives.
- Lectures are held in two- or three-day blocks for each module.
The course involves distance learning with occasional two- or three-day seminars at Thornton Science Park.
Essentially, the course is located in the workplace itself. You will review and analyse your professional experience. You may also experience a mix of distance learning and quarterly workshop visits to the University, and will be guided via one-to-ones with the module tutor and group tutorials.
Full accreditation is given for experience you may have previously gained in your workplace. You will benefi t from remote support from your tutor, and construct your critical analysis with your tutor.
The learning experience starts with the construction of the individual ASLA (Approved Studies Learning Agreement). ASLA is a customised combination of modules, where each of them has its own learning or assessment scheme (work-based learning, web-based learning, or face-to-face learning).
Assessment is by written assignment.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Science and Engineering