Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
This course requires a minimum of 5 GCSE at grade C or above, achieved in one sitting, which must include English language and Mathematics. You will also need to meet the following requirements. You will hold: An existing BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant science-based subject, at 2i (upper-class second) level or higher. Examples of relevant subjects include sports rehabilitation, sports therapy, human biology, biomedical sciences, anatomy and physiology, etc. OR An existing qualification in nursing, midwifery or relevant Allied Health Profession, gained through study to BSc (Hons) level. A recognised practitioner qualification in e.g: osteopathy or chiropractic. In addition, you will have gained: Work experience or observation in one or more relevant clinical or voluntary settings. One of these would ideally be within the UK NHS or equivalent service for international students. You will be able to demonstrate: Study to level 6 within the past 5 years (to the start of the programme). A good basic knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, which will be assessed at interview.
Months of entry
You’re driven to help others and improve their quality of life. You'd like to use your existing scientific knowledge to maximise peoples ability to move and function. On this accelerated course you'll gain the qualifications needed to become an effective physiotherapist in two years, rather than the traditional three.
Building on your existing academic skills, you will learn profession-specific skills which meet the needs of your future employers. You'll complete over 1000 hours of clinical practice placements, taking advantage of our exceptional industry links across North West England, Southern Scotland, the Isle of Man and more. You'll develop your examination, assessment, treatment and leadership skills, allowing you to graduate with a strong profile.
Our professionally-experienced tutors provide you with theoretical backing and hands-on opportunities in our physiotherapy and simulation suites. Whilst learning, you will be able to work with other Institute of Health students, as you would in a professional role.
On completion of this accelerated degree, you will be eligible to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will open up a variety of employment opportunities in the NHS, private and sporting sectors.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Complete practical learning in simulated clinical environments, facilitated by experienced physiotherapy staff. Enhancing your learning and preparing you for a clinical environment.
- Learn the practical skills needed in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal, respiratory and neurological conditions.
- Complete a range of practice placements within various settings allowing you to experience the nature of the profession and the different specialisms that it covers.
- Get to know your classmates well and receive close tuition, support and guidance from our friendly lecturing team.
- Become a practicing physiotherapist in only two years, rather than the traditional three.
- Be able to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health and Care Professions Council. Membership of these governing bodies enables you to enter the clinical environment as an autonomous practitioner.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The programme will equip you with all the skills you need to practice whether you choose to work in the NHS or the independent sector. The programme is designed to ensure that you graduate with a strong clinical profile, professional and academic curiosity, a critical approach to clinical practice and a wide range of transferrable leadership skills, all of which are in high demand from employers.
By the end of the programme, you will not only be able to practice safely and effectively, but will be able to offer creative solutions to complex issues in practice through engaging with current evidence and reflecting on your practice placement experience. A key element in our programme design has been to create an effective, dynamic learning environment in which you are an active participant in directing your learning and developing your emerging professional identity.
- Applied Science for Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiotherapy Practice - Assessment and Evaluation
- Scholarship and Research Methods
- Applied Physiotherapy (Neuromusculoskeletal Practice)
- Applied Physiotherapy Practice (Acute Care Pathways)
- Practice Placement Observation (PPO)
- Introduction to Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiotherapy Practice 2
- Physiotherapy Practice 3
- Applied Physiotherapy (Complex and Enduring Conditions)
- Advanced Professional Practice Business and Enterprise
- Physiotherapy Dissertation
- Physiotherapy Practice 4
- Physiotherapy Practice 5
- Physiotherapy Practice 6
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiry Centre