An appropriate undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or Music Technology (2:1 or above) or an equivalent qualification.
Months of entry
Drive the next generation of audio technology with the help of this distinctive masters programme. Underpinned by pioneering research, excellent teaching and first-rate facilities, our MSc Audio Engineering equips you with the skills and knowledge valued most by employers in the rapidly changing and dynamic field of audio engineering.
- Hone your skills on a cutting-edge MSc programme developed in consultation with industry leaders
- Gain up-to-the-minute knowledge in areas which are central to the needs of the sector, including audio electronics, live sound reinforcement, surround sound systems and software engineering
- Prepare for high-level careers in the industry: our graduates have gone on to work for world- leading firms such as Bowers & Wilkins and MQA
- Benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, ranging from 3D multichannel sound rooms to a hemi-anechoic chamber
- Be inspired by experienced and supportive lecturers who are renowned in the field and whose research even featured on Blue Planet II
- Engage in your own cutting-edge research, with the chance to contribute to publications and international conferences
- Hear from top industry professionals through fascinating guest lectures and master classes
- Boost your employability: we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016).
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, then you will need to hold IELTS 6.0 or above.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 590500