Applicants should have an honours degree at 2.1 or above in a creative or technical discipline (e.g. product design, industrial design, textile design, jewellery design, engineering, architecture, computer science etc.), although applicants with other qualifications or relevant professional experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
The programme has established a world-class reputation across industry, research and teaching. We have strong connections to the UK and global design economy and our tutors are collaborating on research and industrial projects with global design consultancies.
The programme will provide you with:
- an ideal launch pad for entering the fast moving and exciting world of creative technology
- an ability to make highly resolved product prototypes that explore and harness socially relevant design responses, thereby challenging the way people and society interact with creative technologies
- an ability to interact and co-create with others, enabling you to become leaders in helping industry and society navigate the incredible opportunities and challenges that lie in our imminent futures
- the tools and techniques for embedding cutting-edge technology into products
- an internationally leading educational environment building on research and industry relationships, so ensuring a market readiness and entrepreneurship at the highest level
- new perspectives and frameworks on problem-finding/solving, prototyping, design thinking and making, drawing upon an integral theoretical approach
- the professional expertise and experience to work in cross-disciplinary teams to address contemporary real world issues
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mr Fraser Bruce
- +44 (0)1382 388101