Applicants must have, or expect to receive in the anticipated year of entry, a good honours degree in law. Exceptionally, non-law graduates with relevant legal experience may be considered.
Months of entry
The LLM in International Commercial Law covers the core issues relevant to the resolution of commercial disputes together with contractual principles.
This course will will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the area of corporate law with subjects specifically pertaining to e-commerce, intellectual property, contracts and more.
Our course will give you the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the commercial arena. You'll learn about the resolution of commercial disputes from global and comparative perspectives. We make regular updates to our modules so they are relevant for the world of business today. These include: e-commerce; intellectual property; competition law; business transactions and more.
Leading research underpins our courses. In the latest assessment of research across all UK universities (December 2014):
- 100% of our research was "recognised internationally" for its originality, significance and rigour.
- Over half received the higher accolade of being “world leading” or “internationally excellent”.
- We're the only UK Law team to achieve this in both the current and the previous research exercise (2008).
We're committed to providing high quality instruction, with a focus on practicality. Our high level of support prepares you for a successful legal career either in the UK or elsewhere.
The course starts with an intensive 2 week induction so everyone:
- has the necessary understanding of the UK and European legal systems and cultures;
- knows how to use our study environment to develop independent learning.
We have a fantastic series of guest lectures and seminars and - as a postgraduate student - you're invited to them all. We also have an annual reading party in a historic local country house. Here, staff work with our LLM students on academic skills and dissertation preparation, all whilst surrounded by the beautiful Scottish countryside.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Professor Peter McEleavy
- +44 (0)1382 384452