A minimum 2:1 UK Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a Social Sciences related subject area. Relevant work or professional experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
The MA Globalisation, Business and Sustainable Development degree integrates different disciplinary perspectives to analyse the key debates on the economic, political, social and environmental dimensions of globalisation. Postgraduate students with an interest in global issues will be provided with the tools to critically analyse the process of globalisation and its impact on international development.
The process of globalisation is central to an understanding of the contemporary world. The nature of the process and its implications for international development are hotly debated:
- Is globalisation leading to increasing international inequality and poverty or does the expansion of international trade in goods and services provide new opportunities for developing countries
- How can we make sense of emergent trends such as fair trade, social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility and sustainable consumption
- What is the changing role of the state, the private sector, cities and civil society in delivering public goods in an increasingly interconnected world
- Does globalisation call for a radical overhaul of existing international, national and local institutions
- Why is it so difficult to solve global environmental problems such as climate change
This Masters will consider not only the process of globalisation but also the counter-tendencies and resistance to globalisation and how these are played out in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Information for international students
We welcome applications from students whose first language is not English. To ensure such students benefit from postgraduate study, we require evidence of proficiency in English. Our usual entry requirements are as follows: - IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all components) - PTE (Pearson): 62 (minimum 55 in all components)
Fees and funding
A variety of Scholarships and Bursaries may be offered to UK/EU and International students. These are normally awarded to students on the basis of academic merit and are usually for the duration of the period of study. Full details and application deadlines are available from the course web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 1603 591515