- Normally five years' substantive work experience in a managerial or supervisory position. Experience can be from any industry, including the public sector, charitable organisations or the arts.
- UK 2:1 honours degree from a good university in any subject, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
Months of entry
The Executive MBA is a taught programme delivered by experienced internal and visiting faculty, and complemented by guest practitioner speakers from industry and the professions. Over a two year period, the Executive MBA combines short intensive bursts of classroom interaction with online support. This programme will next commence in September 2018.
Successful businesses in the future will be those that can confidently and capably steer a path through a world characterised by intense competition, rapid technological development, economic turbulence and increasing resource insecurity.
Businesses need leaders who can think and act strategically in this volatile environment, managing the risk and challenges involved, but also spotting and seizing opportunities for efficiency, innovation and new business models. Businesses also need leaders who will act responsibly in delivering value to all stakeholders.
The Edinburgh MBA will prepare participants to progress with confidence into leadership roles in this new world. We will deepen participants’ understanding of how businesses and markets work, how value is created through innovation and marketing, how strategies are crafted, how businesses are financed, how performance is measured, how value is delivered efficiently and effectively, and how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change.
The programme aims to develop leaders who:
- demonstrate a strategic mind-set and skill-set
- recognise their role as responsible stewards of financial, social and natural capital
- are capable of leading improvement, change and innovation in organisations
- are confident and capable critical thinkers and decision-makers
- have an international perspective
- value and take advantage of the benefits of collaborative and lifelong learning
We will instil a passion for business improvement, innovation and entrepreneurial action to help participants lead in the growth or creation of new business opportunities. We will develop participants’ ability to think strategically and beyond disciplinary silos. Successful leadership also requires accomplished interpersonal skills to bring about change in organisations. Through coaching and skills training, we will work with participants to understand their leadership strengths and weaknesses and provide support for improvement.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MBA Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 131 650 9663