Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a related subject.
You must submit a portfolio as part of your application. Your portfolio should:
- demonstrate your creativity and individuality
- demonstrate your ability to utilise colour, pattern and texture effectively
- show an awareness of contemporary trends and preoccupations in art and design
- include evidence of your design process, from initiation through development to resolution
- include original drawing/image making
If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we may still consider your application on the basis of your portfolio and/or relevant professional experience.
Months of entry
This programme offers a rich and stimulating exploration of materials and textile processes. It has applications spanning a broad range of contexts and challenging any boundaries which may define what textiles can be.
We’ll nurture the development of your interests through focused research. With subjects tailored to your own curiosity in and around textiles, this variety of approaches within each cohort creates a rich environment for innovation. This breadth is also reflected in the range of staff working on the programme, with a stimulating mix of backgrounds from print, embroidery, and woven textiles as well as graphics and jewellery.
While embedding the rudiments of the techniques and facilities of the discipline, we encourage you to embrace the possibilities available and consider the collaborative partnerships and excellent facilities that the wider School and University can offer to enrich your projects. Through our links with the textiles and fashion industries, you’ll be supported to find a work placement during your studies, gaining valuable industry experience.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time21 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Edinburgh College of Art Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)131 650 4086