A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
All applicants must also meet our English language requirements.
Months of entry
Our major areas of research interest are:
- cellular and molecular mechanisms of the resolution and persistence of lung inflammation and scarring
- mechanisms of acute lung injury in the adult respiratory distress syndrome
- gene therapeutic approaches to the augmentation of genes that protect against tissue injury in lung inflammation
- biology of small-cell lung cancer
- the effects of cigarette smoke, ozone and other pollutants on the lung
- sleep apnoea
- applied lung physiology
The unit also offers a number of research opportunities in areas of clinical interest, for example:
- chronic bronchitis
- cystic fibrosis
Information for international students
To find out about the support offered to international students at Edinburgh from arrival to graduation visit our website
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Start: any time.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Contact, Karen Colvin
- +44 (0)131 242 9172